Sunday, February 7, 2010

Living wrong Life


-->
-->
What if you woke up one morning and realized you were living the wrong life?


Many people which I meet during my travels, ask me why I left my home country behind to move overseas. The most honest answer I can give is that I really realized one day that I have been living the wrong life when I was in my early twenties and then I have done a U-Turn in my live.

I was working for a big company in Germany, had a nice car, a stable life and a good developed circle of friends. However from time to time I had this silent question in my mind, which became louder and louder from day to day:
“Why I am here?”

Maybe I didn't know the answer, but one thing was for sure, I did not wanted to spend my life working for the next 40 years! I was feeling like a Bengalian Tiger, who is kept in a cage. I could be a good employee, a good working man and a good tool, but I would not be happy, because this is not where I belong to.

Since this day a lot of things have changed in my life. I left everything behind, I travel and live in many differnt countries, I'm working less but I'm enjoying and learning much more and I'm a happier person!

I did not had a Million Dollar in my bank account, in fact it was only about $3,000. I started small and I developed a plan and strategies on my way, the most important step was to take action!

I'm writng this lines, because I honestly believe, that there are many people out there, who are asking themselves similar questions. The truth is, to think about the purpose of life is not the beginning of a mental illness, but it is the beginning of the human maturity.

Why is not everybody interested to know their personal purpose of life? Personally I believe there are two reasons. At first, people have very different personalities, which is good. But the second reason is, that in todays society we are so much distracted with television shows, mass media, advertisement, shopping and activities, that we are too busy to ask ourselves the really important questions of life.

However, if you ask yourself a new question, you will open a door to completely new and infinite possibilities:

Where I am coming from? Why I am here? Where I am going?”

My next blog update will be posted in a while, so now you have time to contemplate about those questions. Take care my dear friends and always remember that life is a book and you are it's autor!

U-Turn: What If You Woke Up One Morning and Realized You Were Living the Wrong Life? The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pages of Cutting-Edge Content. Rich Dad's Conspiracy of the Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money

2 comments:

  1. Hey Vagabund, ich hoffe, deine Geschichte geht noch weiter. Macht doch Hoffnung von Austeigern zu lesen. Wo geht es weiter, oder hast du einstecken müssen?
    Greetings from an older vagabond, B. Friendly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo, danke fuer dein comment. Ich habe es erst jetzt gesehen, da ich laenger keine Updates gemacht habe. Bei mir gehts auf jeden Fall weiter, ich gebe niemals auf. Habe jetzt ein Jahr in Neuseeland gelebt, bin gerade in Japan und werde bald nach Korea gehen. Werde bald neuen Blogpost erstellen mit Fotos.

    ReplyDelete